- 1 1/3 cups maraschino cherries (1 10-ounce jar)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts
- Bananas and macadamia nuts accented with cherries make this bread a tropical tasty treat!
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut cherries into quarters; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine butter, brown sugar, eggs and reserved cherry juice in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture and mashed bananas alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in drained cherries and nuts. Lightly spray a 9×5x3-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 1 hour, or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pan; let cool on wire rack. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes 1 loaf, about 16 slices